The number of Hurun Reports has expanded by 32%, an increase of 579 from 1,819 last year, reaching 2,398 entrepreneurs with wealth of more than 2 billion. Hu Run said: “The number of Chinese entrepreneurs on the list has increased to 2,398, a record high.” The total wealth of the entrepreneurs on the list increased by 54% from 17.9 trillion last year to 27.5 trillion. Hu Run said: “This year is the fastest year of wealth creation in history. The total wealth of Chinese entrepreneurs on the list has exceeded the GDP of Germany, the world’s fourth largest economy.”
● The number of hundreds of billions of entrepreneurs has doubled from 19 last year to 41. Hu Run said: “This year we have found 41 entrepreneurs at the 100 billion level. There were no one ten years ago. There are nearly 2,400 entrepreneurs with wealth exceeding 2 billion. In fact, there should be more, how much more? At least doubled. Because some entrepreneurs are relatively low-key, there should actually be more than 7,000 people in China whose wealth exceeds 2 billion.”
● There are 878 billion-dollar entrepreneurs, five times the number ten years ago. Hurun said: “If Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan are added, there are 1,000 billion-dollar entrepreneurs in Greater China, compared with just over 600 in the United States.”
● 56 years old Ma Yun Wealth increased by 125 billion yuan, becoming China’s richest man for the fourth time with 400 billion yuan; the 49-year-old Ma Huateng Wealth increased by 130 billion yuan, ranking second with 390 billion yuan; the 66-year-old Zhong Suansui Due to the rapid wealth growth of its two newly listed companies, it ranked third with 365 billion yuan for the first time on the list. Hu Run said: “The top three have been the richest men this year, and Jack Ma’s position as the richest man is very challenging.”
● The wealth of 1921 entrepreneurs has increased over last year, of which 743 are newcomers, and the number of newcomers has reached a record high. Compared with last year’s top 100, 22 people entered the top 100, and 5 of them made the list for the first time. They are: Yangshengtang’s Zhong Suansui , E-cigarette manufacturer Smol Chen Zhiping , Singapore game and e-commerce company Sea, known for its mobile game “Free Fire” Li Xiaodong Bull’s Ruan Liping with Ruan Xueping . Hu Run said: “The number of newcomers hit a record high, thanks to the good performance of the Chinese stock market in the past year and the increase in the number of new IPOs.”
● The largest increase in wealth is the newly listed company Steady Medical Li Jianquan family , Wealth rose by 956%, becoming the richest man on the Sci-tech Innovation Board with 38 billion yuan; other big increases include the online education platform GSX Chen Xiangdong , An increase of 662%, the real estate trading platform Shell’s Zuo Hui , An increase of 483%.
● The wealth of 641 entrepreneurs has shrunk or remained unchanged from last year, and 164 of them have dropped out of the list this year.The biggest decline in wealth is the blockchain industry mining machine manufacturer Bitmain Zhan Ke Tuan , Shrank by 19 billion.Lost entrepreneurs include Kerui Group whose shares have been frozen Zheng Yuewen Luckin Coffee Qian Zhiya with Lu Zhengyao Faraday Future Jia Yueting ,as well as Zhao Wei and Huang Youlong Wait.
● Manufacturing is still the industry with the most entrepreneurs on the list, accounting for 23.8%, of which advanced manufacturing accounts for 60%. The proportion of people on the list in the real estate industry dropped from 14.8% last year to 10.6%, falling out of the top two for the first time and becoming the third largest industry. Big Health has risen to the second largest industry for the first time with a 10.9% share, of which emerging sectors account for nearly 60%.
● The entrepreneurs on the list are engaged in emerging industries accounting for 36%, and traditional industries accounting for 64%.In the field of advanced manufacturing, electronic components, new energy and new materials have the largest number of people on the list, accounting for 63% of the total number of people on the list in the advanced manufacturing field. The representative of electronic components is the mobile phone glass screen manufacturer Lens Technology Zhou Qunfei, Zheng Junlong Husband and wife, the representative of new energy is the electric vehicle battery manufacturer Ningde era Zeng Yuqun , The representative of new materials is Dawn, whose main business is polymer composite materials Yu Xiaoning and Han Limei . Hu Run said: “On the entire list, two-thirds of entrepreneurs are still in traditional industries, but individual industries have successfully transformed. For example, in manufacturing, advanced manufacturing has accounted for 60%. It also accounts for nearly 60%. In the retail industry, e-commerce accounts for half.”
● 256 “post-80s” on the list, 100 more than last year. Of these, 76 were self-made, 22 more than last year.Pinduoduo 40 years old Huang Zheng Wealth increased by 85 billion, and the “post-80s” richest man from scratch with 220 billion, followed by the 37-year-old Bytedance Zhang Yiming , Wealth increased by 15 billion to 110 billion. Four “post-80s” enter the “Eleven Zero Club (100 Billion Club)”.
● 27 “post-90s” on the list, 16 more than last year, of which only one is self-made, he is the 29-year-old founder of Hi Tea Nie Yunchen , For the first time on the list with a fortune of 4.5 billion, the latest value of Hey Tea founded by him is 16 billion.
● The average age of the entrepreneurs on the list is 55 years old, one year older than last year.
● Beijing is still the city with the most entrepreneurs on the list, with 325 living in Beijing, an increase of 39 from last year; Shenzhen remains second with 275, an increase of 84 places from last year. Shenzhen is the city with the largest increase in the number of people on the list this year; Shanghai ranked third with 216, an increase of 49 places from last year; Hangzhou remained fourth with 155, an increase of 34 places from last year; Guangzhou remained fifth with 117, an increase of 27 places from last year; Suzhou replaced Hong Kong with 70. Sixth, 31 places more than last year. Suzhou, Chengdu and Xiamen performed well in the past two years.
● Judging from the birthplace of entrepreneurs, Zhejiang Merchants ranked No. 1 for three consecutive years, with 308 leading Cantonese Merchants, among which Zhejiang Merchants increased by 70 compared to last year, and Guangdong Merchants increased by 64 compared to last year; Su Merchants maintained the No. Third, there are 135 places, 22 places more than last year; Fujian merchants rank fourth with 99 places. Hu Run said: “Zhejiang merchants have almost always been No. 1 over the years, and only in 2017 was surpassed by Guangdong merchants.”
● This year, for the third consecutive year, the Hurun Research Institute included entrepreneurs who were born abroad and successfully started their businesses in Mainland China. A total of 26 are on the list, of which 10 are from Hong Kong, 9 are from Taiwan, and 2 are from Singapore, the United States, Denmark, Bangladesh and Indonesia each have one place.Among them are 4 non-Chinese: Americans from BeiGene John Oyler (Wealth 17 billion yuan), the Danish of Lingzhi fashion Dan Friis (Wealth 7 billion yuan), Transsion’s Bangladeshi Arif Chowdhury (Fortune 3.5 billion) and Funeng Technology American Keith Kepler (Wealth is 3 billion yuan).
● The proportion of women entrepreneurs dropped from 27.2% last year to 24.9%, of which 60% were self-made, and Country Garden’s 39-year-old Yang Huiyan Re-elected as the richest woman in China with a fortune of 225 billion. Hu Run said: “The proportion of female entrepreneurs has declined, mainly because the new wave of entrepreneurs on the list is mostly men.”
● The proportion of people with the right to speak has dropped from 7.6% last year to 5.8%. Among the entrepreneurs on the list, 140 are deputies to the National People’s Congress or members of the CPPCC National Committee, an increase of 2 from last year. Among them, the number of deputies to the National People’s Congress increased by two to 74, and the number of CPPCC members remained 66. In addition, there are 6 representatives of the 19th CPC National Congress and 7 vice-chairmen of the 12th All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce. Hu Run said: “The proportion of people who have the right to speak has declined because there are fewer NPC deputies or CPPCC members among the new entrepreneurs on the list.”
● There are 17 entrepreneurs in trouble, of which 15 are under investigation and 2 are in prison.
● In June of this year, Huang Guangyu of Gome was released on parole after 12 years in prison. Huang Guangyu family Wealth increased by 24% compared with last year, and ranked among the top 200 on the list with 28 billion yuan.
● Kangtai Biological 57 years old Du Weimin After the divorce, his ex-wife Yuan Liping The highest “breakup fee” in history was allocated 33 billion, and Du Weimin’s personal wealth was 39 billion.Dangdang Li Guoqing with Yu Yu In the divorce proceedings, the two are on the list with 2 billion and 4.5 billion wealth respectively.
● The rabbit has been the best performer for 9 consecutive years, with the most rabbits among the entrepreneurs on the list; the dragon and the snake are still ranked second and third. The performance of dogs and monkeys improved. This year’s Rat is still the worst performer. In addition, Tiger and Sheep have also regressed.
Hu Run said
On October 20, 2020, Hurun Research Institute and Hengchang Shaofang, a high-end sauce-flavored liquor brand, jointly released the “2020 Hengchang Shaofang·Hurun China Rich List 2020” (HENGCHANGSHAOFANG·Hurun China Rich List 2020) today. This year is the 22nd consecutive “Hurun Rich List” published by the Hurun Research Institute since 1999, and the threshold for listing has remained at 2 billion yuan for the eighth consecutive year. The deadline for the wealth calculation of the listed entrepreneurs is August 28, 2020.
Hurun Report, Chairman and Chief Research Officer, Hu Run said: “The impact of the epidemic on China’s economy and entrepreneurs is not as severe as expected. The Growth Enterprise Market Index, Shenzhen Component Index and Nasdaq are still rising compared to the same period last year. 70%, 45%, and 48%.” The Shanghai Stock Exchange Composite Index rose by 18% over the same period last year, the Hang Seng Index was close to the same period last year, and the RMB depreciated 4% against the US dollar.
“Emerging industries, especially the digital economy, officially ushered in a major explosion this year. In the past few years, China has deepened supply-side structural reforms, promoted high-quality economic development, and continued to optimize the economic structure. Deepening reforms in many aspects has achieved decisive results, such as In terms of environmental protection, some small heavy industry companies have been closed and large companies have become bigger.”
“This year, the wealth of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the world experienced a decline, a V-shaped recovery, and a major outbreak. In the first two months after the outbreak, their wealth fell by 2.6 trillion yuan. Last month, there was a V-shaped recovery, most prominently in the e-commerce industry, and the third stage of a new economic explosion, represented by the new energy vehicle Tesla. After the epidemic, Chinese entrepreneurs recovered the fastest. “
“According to the pace of wealth creation in recent years, China should have a dozen trillion-level entrepreneurs and several hundred-billion-level philanthropists in five years.”
“Our 100 Rich List takes a snapshot of Chinese entrepreneurs every year to witness the development of Chinese entrepreneurs and let the world know more about China. We hope that our list can encourage Sunshine Fortune, because Sunshine Fortune will contribute to the sustained and healthy development of the economy. This is also the meaning of our 100 rich list,” Hurun added.
This time, Hengchang Shaofang and Hurun Report, the world’s leading wealth vane, jointly released the “2020 Hengchang Shaofang·Hurun Report”, which is at a time when China’s economy is facing internal and external changes and urgently needs to achieve transformation. The common prediction of China’s economic transformation and upgrading in the future is a new understanding of new ways of creating wealth for emerging entrepreneurs in the future.
As the market value of Moutai rises to the top of the A-share market, it has not only created a large number of wealthy newcomers, it has also driven the Maotai-flavored liquor to contribute more than 30% of the profits of the wine industry with 5% of the output, and the wine industry has also become a non-liquor. The best choice for business expansion of entrepreneurs in similar industries. Not surprisingly, Hengchang Shaofang will consolidate the status of Moutai Town’s high-end sauce-flavored wine and become the first choice for high-end liquor consumers other than Moutai.
2020 Hurun Reporttop ten
3 newcomers in the top ten: YangshengtangZhong Suansui SFWang Wei WamakiharaQin Yinglin 、Qian Ying and his wife . Three of the top ten live in Hangzhou, and two of them are in the top three. The top ten threshold has increased by 70% over last year, reaching 200 billion. The average age of the top ten is 54 years old, 2 years older than last year.
▲Compared to last year’s ranking unchanged ↑Compared to last year’s ranking rise ↓Compared to last year’s ranking decline *Compared to last year’s top ten sources: “2020 Hengchang Shaofang·Hurun Report”
56 years old Ma Yun His wealth increased by 125 billion yuan, and he became the richest man in China for the fourth time with 400 billion yuan. He is the first entrepreneur to be the richest man four times in the past. In November last year, Alibaba was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, becoming the first Chinese Internet company to be listed in both the United States and Hong Kong. The current market value of Alibaba has exceeded 5 trillion yuan. The world’s largest unicorn company Ant Group, also founded by Jack Ma, has launched simultaneous listings in Shanghai and Hong Kong. After listing, it is expected that the market value will exceed 1.5 trillion yuan. With the listing of Ant, Jack Ma promised to donate his 610 million shares of Ant stock for charity. Together with the related shares of Alibaba and Yunfeng Fund he donated before, Jack Ma has donated wealth for charity over the years. The amount will reach 100 billion yuan. Hu Run said: “After Ant goes public, Jack Ma will donate 100 billion yuan in charitable donations over the years, and he can still be the richest man in China!”
49 years old Ma Huateng His wealth increased by 130 billion yuan, ranking second with 390 billion yuan. He is the entrepreneur with the largest increase in wealth on the list this year. Recently, Tencent’s stock price has continued to rise, and its market value once exceeded 5 trillion. In the first half of this year, Tencent’s net profit increased by 29% year-on-year, mainly due to the growth of online games and financial technology sectors. In addition, Tencent has become one of the world’s largest investment institutions, and its investment income in the past year has also been substantial because of its investments in Tesla, Pinduoduo, Meituan and JD.com.
66 years old Zhong Suansui Wealth of 365 billion yuan ranked third. Zhong Suisui is the biggest dark horse this year. His wealth has grown rapidly, mainly due to the fact that his two companies, Wantai Bio and Nongfu Spring, have been listed on the Shanghai and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges in the past year. The total market value of the two companies currently exceeds 4000. 100 million yuan, of which Nongfu Spring has become the largest Chinese beverage company by market value with a market value of more than 350 billion yuan. Hu Run said: “Zhong Suisui founded two companies with a market value of tens of billions of dollars. It is rare in the world that two companies with a market value of tens of billions of dollars were founded by one person, and one is Liu Qiangdong. In addition, the only one was founded. Jack Ma is the one of the two companies with a market value of hundreds of billions of dollars.”
50 years old Wang Wei Wealth of 240 billion yuan ranked fourth, up 8 places from last year, and wealth increased by 130 billion yuan. Under the epidemic, the e-commerce industry has developed rapidly, and the express delivery industry has also recovered. Since the beginning of this year, SF’s stock price has been rising steadily, and its market value exceeded 400 billion at its peak. In the first half of this year, SF Express achieved sales revenue of 71.1 billion yuan and net profit of 3.6 billion yuan, an increase of 42% and 19% respectively over the same period last year.
62 years old Xu Jiayin Wealth of 235 billion yuan ranked fifth, down 2 places from last year, and wealth increased by 25 billion yuan. In September this year, Evergrande was approved by the Stock Exchange to spin off its property management business for listing. In the first half of this year, Evergrande achieved 266.6 billion yuan in operating income. As of the end of August, Evergrande had a market value of 250 billion yuan.
78 years old He Xiangjian His family’s wealth of 225 billion yuan ranked sixth, down 2 places from last year, and wealth increased by 45 billion yuan. Midea achieved an operating income of 278.2 billion yuan last year, a year-on-year increase of 7%. In the first half of this year, due to the impact of the epidemic, operating income was 139.1 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 9.6%. Up to now, Midea covers five major business sectors: consumer electronics, HVAC and building systems, electromechanical business group, robotics and automation, and digital innovation. In September of this year, Midea announced that it planned to spin off its holding subsidiary, Meizhi Optoelectronics, to be listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
39 years old Yang Huiyan His family’s wealth of 225 billion yuan was tied for sixth, down one place from last year, and wealth increased by 50 billion. In the first half of this year, Country Garden achieved a total revenue of 185 billion yuan. In addition to Country Garden, Yang Huiyan also has two listed companies, one is Country Garden Services, which is engaged in property management, whose market value has increased six times to 153 billion yuan since its listing, and the other is Bright Scholar Education Group. In addition, since the start of construction of the Country Garden Bozhilin Robot Project in 2018, a total of 576 patents have been authorized.
49 years old Ding Lei Wealth of 220 billion yuan ranked eighth, and wealth increased by 95 billion yuan. In June this year, NetEase was successfully listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and became another domestic Internet leader that returned from the United States to achieve a secondary listing. The current market value of NetEase is close to 450 billion yuan.
40 years old Huang Zheng Wealth of 220 billion yuan was tied for eighth, down one place from last year, and wealth increased by 85 billion yuan. In August this year, Pinduoduo’s market value exceeded 730 billion yuan. In April of this year, Pinduoduo announced that Huang Zheng and his team would donate 2.4% of the shares to set up a charity fund. In addition, they allocated 7.7% of Pinduoduo’s shares under his personal name to the collective of Pinduoduo partners.
55 years old Qin Yinglin The wealth of the 54-year-old Qian Ying and his wife doubled from last year to 200 billion yuan, and their ranking rose five places from last year and entered the top ten for the first time. As a leading domestic pig farming company, Muyuan shares have been rising since the beginning of last year, with a market value of more than 370 billion. In the first half of this year, Muyuan shares achieved sales revenue of 21 billion yuan and net profit of 11.8 billion yuan.
The most listed company : Both Haitian Flavour and Alibaba have 27 shareholders on the list. Haitian Flavour has increased the number of people on the list due to the rising market value of listed companies. Alibaba has added 14 new shareholders to the threshold due to the upcoming listing of Ant Group. Transsion has 10 shareholders on the list.
▲↑Compared to last year’s ranking rise ↓Compared to last year’s ranking decline – compared to last year’s ranking unchanged*Compared to last year’s top ten newcomers
Social media influence : Former Weibo’s most popular entrepreneur on the list, Zhao Wei, and her husband, Huang Youlong, have severely shrunk their wealth in recent years. This is a decrease from last year.
▲↑Compared to last year’s ranking rise Note: Data as of September 25, 2020
Entrepreneurs in trouble : There are 17 entrepreneurs in trouble, of which 15 are under investigation and 2 are in prison.
In prison: Xincheng Wang Zhenhua was sentenced to 5 years in prison for molesting a young girl in the first instance; Guan Yanbin of Sunflower Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. was sentenced to 11 years in prison for intentional homicide.
Under investigation: Tomorrow is Xiao Jianhua, CNTIC Yan Jinggang, Chenxin Technology Liu Dequn, Dandonggang Wang Wenliang, Jiannanchun Qiao Tianming (on bail pending review), Huifeng Agrochemical Zhonghangen, Kangdexin Zhongyu, Baota Petrochemical Sun Yanchao, Zhuoda Group Yang Zhuoshu, Changsheng Biotech Gao Junfang, Little Yellow Dog Tang Jun, Kaiying Network Wang Yue, Fengxin Baofeng Group, Kangmei Pharmaceutical Ma Xingtian, Lifan Holdings Yin Mingshan.
Stock freeze: There are also some company founders whose shares have been frozen, such as Zheng Yuewen of Kerui Group, Lu Zhengyao of UCAR, Fu Jun of Xinhualian, Zhou Zheng of Tianyang Holdings, Huang Qisen of Taihe, Xiao Yongming of Zangge Potash Wait.
▲ ↑Compared to last year’s ranking rise ↓Compared to last year’s ranking decline-compared to last year’s ranking unchanged Source: “2020 Hengchang Shaofang·Hurun Report”
2020 Hengchang Shaofang Hurun Report Top 100
▲Source: Hurun Research Institute